Hey there, foodies! Today, I’ve got a culinary masterpiece that’s sure to redefine your comfort food game: Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna with Creamy White Sauce. It’s a symphony of flavors and textures that will leave you craving more.
Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna with Creamy White Sauce
- Gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 2 cups broccolini, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cassava flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil or avocado oil for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups Italian cheese blend
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large pan, heat a drizzle of olive or avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic, and sauté until translucent.
- Add broccolini and mushrooms to the pan and sauté until tender. If you want a little kick, add a touch of optional crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of olive or avocado oil in another pan over medium heat.
- Add cassava flour to make a roux, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes to cook out the flour taste.
- Gradually pour in the half-and-half, bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Add a handful of Italian cheese blend, stirring until a creamy sauce forms. Taste and add salt as needed.
Assemble the Lasagna:
- Drizzle a small amount of the creamy sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Lay down a layer of gluten-free lasagna noodles.
- Add the cooked chicken to the broccolini and mushroom mixture, mixing well.
- Spread the chicken and vegetable mixture over the noodles.
- Pour more of the creamy sauce over the layer.
- Sprinkle some Italian cheese blend on top.
- Repeat these layers until all ingredients are used, finishing with a generous layer of cheese on top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden.
- Serve hot, and maybe pair it with a glass of your favorite wine.