Are you looking for a healthy weeknight meal that is not only satisfying, but also full of big flavor? This Thai Shrimp Stir-Fry is perfect because it is not only easy to make, but it tastes delicious and is healthy for you.
The flavor of the shrimp is lemongrass, garlic, red chili, and coconut. And lime gives this dish a unique and special flavor for anyone who loves, actually, Thai food or any type of Asian food. You’ll love this recipe!
It’s light and healthy. and can be made at any time of year. To complete this recipe, serve it with a side of jasmine rice and a side salad. Enjoy.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment or share it with someone you know.
For more recipes like these try some of our other recipes:
- White Fish with Brown Butter and Garlic Sauce
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Nikki’s Chicken Marsala with Quick Mushroom Risotto
To follow Nikki regularly and stay up to date on what she’s doing, follow her on the gram!
- wild caught shrimp
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- Juice or lime
- coconut milk
- fish sauce
- Green onion
- red chili
- Thai basil
- red chili
- green onion
- olive oil
Thai Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 1 Ib wild caught shrimp- peeled (skins saved)
- 1 red bell pepper- seeded and sliced
- 1 red onion- sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus- roughly chopped
- Juice or 1 lime
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Green onion, mint, red chili, Thai basil for garnish
- 1 stick lemongrass- sliced
- 2 cloves garlic- sliced
- 1 red chili- seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion- sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro- chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Place shrimp skins in a pot of boiling, filtered water. Simmer on medium for 15 minutes. Discard the shells and save the broth.
- Place the ingredients for the marinade in a food processor. Blend the ingredients together. Pour the marinade over the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a large pan, add avocado oil over medium heat. Add red onion, asparagus, and red pepper. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the shrimp and marinade and let the mixture simmer until the shrimp is pink and cooked. Pour in fish sauce and coconut milk. Let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with mint, cilantro, Thai basil, and green onions. Serve with a side of white rice.