Hey there, foodies! Today, I’ve got a delightful culinary journey awaiting you with my “Simple Veggie Risotto” recipe. 🍚🌱 Whether you’re a seasoned chef or just starting your cooking adventures, this dish is a perfect blend of comfort and flavor.
Imagine perfectly cooked Arborio rice, each grain soaking up the warmth of vegetable stock as it transforms into creamy deliciousness. But that’s not all – we’re adding a vibrant touch of asparagus and earthy mushrooms that’ll take your taste buds on a rollercoaster of flavors.
For those looking to elevate their risotto game, a splash of white wine can be your secret weapon, infusing the dish with a subtle richness. And of course, what’s a risotto without a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese? It’s like a cozy blanket of flavor enveloping every bite.
So, gather your ingredients and let’s embark on a journey of savoring the simple joys of cooking. From the satisfying stir of rice to the aromatic dance of vegetables, “Simple Veggie Risotto” is a culinary experience that’ll warm your heart and make your taste buds sing. Stay tuned for the full recipe and step into your kitchen with a dash of enthusiasm! 🍽️🌟
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment or share it with someone you know.
For more recipes like these try some of our other recipes:
- Nikki’s Chicken Marsala with Quick Mushroom Risotto
- Pumpkin Risotto
- Masala Rack of Lamb with Indian Style Risotto
To follow Nikki regularly and stay up to date on what she’s doing, follow her on the gram!
- Arborio rice
- vegetable stock
- white wine
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Simple Veggie Risotto
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock, warmed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Warm the vegetable stock over low heat in a medium pan.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms, and cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
Start the Risotto:
- In a large pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until it becomes translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
Toast the Rice:
- Add the Arborio rice to the pan with the onions and garlic.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the rice becomes translucent around the edges (about 2 minutes).
Add Wine (if using):
- Pour the white wine into the pan.
- Stir constantly until the wine has mostly evaporated.
Cook the Risotto:
- Add the chopped asparagus and a ladleful of warm vegetable stock to the rice.
- Stir regularly, allowing the liquid to be mostly absorbed before adding more stock.
- Continue this process until the rice is cooked to your desired level of doneness (usually about 18-20 minutes).
Cook the Mushrooms:
- While the rice is simmering, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a separate pan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until they are brown and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Finish the Risotto:
- When the rice is cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed, stir in the cooked mushrooms and the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon the risotto onto plates or into bowls.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil, if desired, and serve hot.
- Enjoy your simple and delicious veggie risotto!