Bourbon Maple Apple Crisp is a tender apple mixture with hints of bourbon, maple, vanilla and pumpkin spice. Topped with a delectable crunchy streusel.
Are you looking for a dessert that’s easy to make and better for you? This is the recipe for you.
An easy one-pot dessert that has restaurant quality taste and flavor. You would never know that this recipe is actually gluten free and low glycemic.
Instead of traditional cane sugar, I used maple and coconut sugar. Both have a lower glycemic index and are better for you than traditional sugar, without having one bit of difference in the taste.
This recipe is perfect for any holiday gathering or to enjoy during the weeknight with your family. It’s so easy you can get the kids involved to help you make the recipe.
Serve this dessert with coconut ice cream, which is plant based, or with your favorite ice cream or gelato.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment or share it with someone you know.
For more recipes like these try some of our other recipes:
- Tomato bruschetta with Creamy Ricotta and Mascarpone Spread
- Minestrone Soup
- Cherry Chocolate Bourbon Loaf
To follow Nikki regularly and stay up to date on what she’s doing, follow her on the gram!
- Coconut sugar
- Maple sugar
- Cassava flour or regular flour
- Pumpkin spice
- Gluten-free oats or regular oats
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Coconut ice cream
Bourbon Maple Apple Crisp
- 5 cups of apples, cored and chopped
- 2/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of maple sugar
- 2 tsps + 1/2 cup of cassava flour (regular flour can be used as well)
- 2 tsps of pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3 tbsps of bourbon
- 3 tbsps of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free oats (you can use regular oats as well).
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- coconut ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Add the apples, coconut sugar, two teaspoons of flour, and pumpkin spice to a bowl. Mix well to coat all of the apples.
- Spread the apple mixture in a medium-sized baking dish. Next, stir the oats, remaining flour, maple sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and melted butter together in a bowl.
- Pour the crumbled oat mixture evenly over the apple mixture. Place the baking dish in the oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes.
- When the apple crisp is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool. Serve slightly warm with a side of coconut ice cream or your favorite ice cream. Enjoy.