Avocado toast is a fresh avocado mixture spread over toasted sourdough bread and then topped with wild-caught smoked salmon and pickled onions.
This is a great breakfast option during the week or on weekends with your family. It’s a healthy and delicious option.
Make extra pickled onions and save them in the fridge for other recipes.
If you’re gluten-free choose a gf bread instead of sourdough. If you don’t have a gluten allergy/sensitivity, sourdough bread is a gut friendly bread that can help optimize the gut microbiome.
Serve this dish with a side of eggs or by itself. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment or share it with someone you know.
For more recipes like these try some of our other recipes:
To follow Nikki regularly and stay up to date on what she’s doing, follow her on the gram!
- Sourdough or gluten-free bread
- Wild-caught smoked salmon
- Red onion, sliced
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Cayenne pepper
- Lemon juice
- Avocado oil
Avocado toast with smoked salmon and pickled onions
- 2-4 slices of sourdough or gluten-free bread
- 1 package of wild-caught smoked salmon
- 1/2 of red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Sea Salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Avocado oil for drizzling
- Place red onions in a small bowl. Sprinkle with two teaspoons of sea salt and apple cider vinegar mixed together and set aside until ready to use.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil. Place under the broiler for about five minutes until the slices are golden brown.
- Next, place the avocado in a medium bowl and add the remaining spices and lemon juice. Mix together.
- Spread the avocado mixture onto the toasted bread slice, topped with salmon and pickled onions. Enjoy!