Shrimp and Avocado recipe is a perfect weeknight meal when you’re looking for something healthy and delicious.
Shrimp, cucumber and avocado on a bed of sushi rice and then layered with a spicy cream sauce, finished with sesame seeds and cilantro.
Japanese food is so tasty and delicious, but it can be a challenge to create it in your own home. This recipe is very simple and has all of the amazing flavors of a sushi roll, without all of the fuss.
You can use any type of fish that you choose. Make sure if you’re using raw fish tha it’s sushi grade to avoid any food poisoning. Shrimp is an easy option because you can easily cook it and not worry. If you’re vegetarian, add more veggies and leave out the fish.
The sauce is a blend of avocado mayo, sriracha sauce, liquid aminos and lime juice. It’s as simple as that. Feel free to add grated ginger and garlic for extra flavor.
You can also check this recipe, Oma’s Arugula Salad. Follow us on the gram!
- Sushi rice
- Persian cucumbers
- Wild-caught shrimp
- Avocado mayo
- Sriracha sauce
- Lime juice
- Liquid aminos
- Sesame seeds
Shrimp and Avocado
- 1 cup of sushi rice, cooked
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 persian cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of wild-caught shrimp
- 1 cup of avocado mayo
- 1/4 cup of Sriracha sauce
- 3 tbsp of lime juice
- 3 tbsp of liquid aminos
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- Start by making your sushi rice. Follow the directions on the back of the package. While the sushi rice is cooking, start cooking your shrimp by placing it in a pot of boiling water. Cook until the meat is pink, then drain, chop into bite-size pieces, and set aside until ready to use.
- Next, make your dressing. Place the avocado mayo, sriracha, lime juice, and liquid aminos in a bowl and whisk together. To assemble, use a square or round cookie cutter and spray the inside with avocado oil or wipe it down with olive oil.
- Place on a plate and spoon in your rice mixture, followed by slices of cucumber, then slices of avocado.
- Top with chopped shrimp and drizzle with poke dressing. Lift the cookie cutter off of the mixture to reveal a beautifully curated poke stack. Sprinke with sesame seeds and cilanto. Enjoy!