Ripened bananas and chocolate chips mixed with gluten free flour to make these moist and delicious muffins. The bananas help to keep the muffins moist so they taste almost like mini chocolate chip cakes. Whether you are making Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins to have as a breakfast option with you morning coffee or as a snack in the afternoon with a glass of milk, these muffins are perfect for any time of day. Instead of throwing your bananas away and wasting them you can create a tasty treat that everyone in your house will love.
Can regular flour be used instead of gluten free?
Yes, either flour option works for this recipe. Gluten free is great for anyone who has a gluten allergy or sensitivity. The taste is exactly the same, you can’t tell a difference. If you prefer to use regular flour I recommend using an organic unbleached flour.
What can these muffins be served with?
Chocolate Chip and Banana Muffins go great with coffee, milk, ice cream, or just by themselves. Eaten for breakfast, a snack, or dessert these little pieces of heaven are so good and almost addictive. You may want to make a double batch because these muffins will go quick.
How ripe do the bananas need to be?
The bananas need to be very soft to be used in this recipe. The banana peel should almost be black in color and at the point where you are ready to throw them away. The texture of the banana will be very soft and almost mushy in consistency, making them perfect in the recipe because they add so much moisture to a muffin that can sometimes be dry.
Chocolate Chip and Banana Muffins (GF)
- 2 cups gluten free flour regular flour can be used as well
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter- melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate
- 2 bananas ripened
- Pre- heat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder until well combined.
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar together using a whisk. Next, add in the eggs and milk. When ingredients are well combined add chocolate chips and bananas. Slowly start adding the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix well. You should have a nice thick batter.
- Using a muffin tin spray it with non-stick spray. Scoop the batter into each muffin cup making sure every cup has an even amount of batter.
- Place in the oven for 20- 30 minutes until golden brown. To test for doneness insert a toothpick into the middle of the muffin and if it comes out clean the muffins are cooked.
- When muffins are done cooking let them cool, then using a knife run it around the edges of the muffin cups to release each muffin. Place on a plate or in a muffin basket.