Hey there, fellow foodies! Today, I’m bringing a burst of Indian flavors right to your kitchen with my lip-smacking recipe for “6-Ingredient Chicken Tandoori.” 🍗🌶️
Imagine tender chicken thighs and boneless, skinless chicken breasts, marinated in a delightful concoction of creamy Greek yogurt that lends a silky texture, zesty fresh ginger for that authentic kick, and aromatic tandoori seasoning that will transport your taste buds straight to the streets of Delhi.
But that’s not all – a squeeze of fresh lemon adds a tangy twist that perfectly balances the spices and makes every bite a tantalizing experience. The magic of tandoori seasoning does wonders, infusing the meat with its rich blend of warm spices and vibrant color.
Whether you’re firing up the grill for a summer feast or simply craving a cozy night in, this 6-ingredient wonder is your ticket to a flavor-packed adventure. So, get ready to impress your friends and family with an Indian classic made right at home. Let’s dive into this culinary journey and create a chicken tandoori sensation that’ll have everyone asking for seconds! 🍽️🔥
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment or share it with someone you know.
For more recipes like these try some of our other recipes:
To follow Nikki regularly and stay up to date on what she’s doing, follow her on the gram!
- Greek yogurt
- fresh ginger
- fresh garlic
- tandoori seasoning
- fresh lemon
- chicken thigh
- chicken breast
- Avocado oil
6-Ingredient Chicken Tandoori
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons tandoori seasoning
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Salt, to taste
- Avocado oil spray
- Fresh lemon wedges, for serving
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, grated ginger, grated garlic, tandoori seasoning, and the juice of one fresh lemon. Mix thoroughly to create the marinade.
- Place the chicken thighs and breasts in a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring they are fully coated. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- While the grill heats up, take the marinated chicken out of the refrigerator to allow it to reach room temperature.
- Lightly coat the grill grates with avocado oil spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the chicken thighs and breasts on the grill. Cook the chicken thighs for about 6-8 minutes on each side, and the chicken breasts for about 5-7 minutes on each side. The chicken should be fully cooked with a lovely char on the exterior.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the grill and let them rest briefly before serving.
- For the chicken breasts, allow them to rest for a few minutes and then slice them into thin, diagonal pieces.
- Serve the delectable chicken tandoori with fresh lemon wedges on the side. Squeeze the lemon over the chicken just before savoring to elevate the flavors.
- Accompany your dish with naan bread, rice, or a crisp salad. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.