The weather is beginning to warm up and we all are looking for a quick, easy, and light dinner recipe to make during the week. Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipe is your answer!
Fresh organic zucchinis are stuffed with a blend of tomatoes, basil, garlic, spices, and parmesan cheese before being baked until golden brown and bubbly. This dish is hearty and delicious, satisfying even the pickiest of eaters. If you’re trying to get your family members to eat their vegetables, Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini is a great option. The perfect main course or side dish for any meal.
What size zucchini should I use?
Small to medium zucchinis are recommended for this recipe, although you can use larger zucchinis and cut them in half. The small/medium zucchinis work best because they are great for individual portions.
Can I use different tomatoes in the recipe?
You can use any tomato that prefer. The tomatoes are pulsed so it really doesn’t matter. I prefer the grape tomatoes because they are sweeter and in my opinion have more flavor. Look for tomatoes that are fresh and ripe. You want to use a ripe tomato because it will have a better taste. Always use the freshest ingredients when cooking, it really makes all of the difference.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment or share it with someone you know.
For more recipes like these try some of our other recipes:
To follow Nikki regularly and stay up to date on what she’s doing, follow her on the gram!
- whole cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil
- bread crumbs
- dried oregano
- parmesan cheese
Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 2 whole zucchinis- cut in half
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs use panko bread crumbs if gluten free
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees. Place zucchini on a cutting board and start scooping out the flesh using a spoon making zucchini boats. Place the zucchini meat in a food processor or blender. Add tomatoes, garlic and basil. Pulse your blender/food processor to lightly puree the mixture.
- Next, add bread crumbs, eggs, spices, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese to the bowl. Using a spoon mix the mixture until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into the zucchini boats. Spread the mixture evenly across the zucchini. Sprinkle the top of the stuffed zucchini with Parmesan cheese.
- Place the stuffed zucchini on a baking sheet and slide into the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted on the top.
- When zucchini is done baking remove from the oven and place on a serving platter. Garnish with fresh basil or parsley. Enjoy!