Smoked Salmon Appetizer is a a delicious and modern bite that is perfect for any gathering. Salty caviar and smoked salmon placed on top of a creamy and tangy cheese spread, mixed with the crunch of green onion and zesty lemon. It’s a party in your mouth!
If you’re looking for an appetizer that looks impressive, but requires little to no work, then this is the recipe for you! From the start finish this recipe takes abut 15 minutes to create, with little to no clean up required.
You may want to make an extra batch of these bite sized pieces of heaven, because they are sure to go fast. Happy New year!
What is needed for this recipe?
- cream cheese and greek yogurt
- green onion
- smoked salmon
- pretty serving platter
- cutting board
- kitchen knife
What are Blinis?
Blinis are a mini Russian pancake that are normally served with creme fraiche and caviar. These delicious pancakes can be found at any specialty grocery store or Whole Foods. When in doubt always look at Amazon to see if they carry the item. Blinis are typically found near the smoked salmon in the cold section of the store.
Where do I find caviar and is it expensive?
Caviar can be found at any specialty grocery store or local fish market. Whole Foods has a great option that is not only delicious, but also very affordable. You don’t have to spend a lot in order to still get good results. The caviar will add a natural saltiness to Smoked Salmon Appetizer, but it doesn’t taste fishy whatsoever.
Smoked Salmon Bites
- 1 package Blinis (Russian pancakes) Blinis can be purchased at whole foods or other grocery stores.
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup green onions- chopped use only the green part
- 1/4 cup zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup juice from 1 lemon
- 1-2 packages wild caught smoked salmon
- 1 can caviar can be purchased at whole foods or other seafood specialty shops
- 1/4 cup chives- cut into strips for garnish
- salt/pepper for taste
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and greek yogurt with chives and lemon juice. Mix well to combine ingredients. Taste and add salt and pepper for flavor. Taste again to make sure desired flavor has been achieved.
- On a serving plate arrange the blinis. Taking each one at a time spread the cream cheese mixture on top. Probably about 1 tsp on each blini. Once all of the blinis are covered with cream cheese mixture place pieces of smoked salmon on top. Make sure the pieces are small enough that they dont overwhelm the blini. Next, place a small dollop of caviar on each smoked salmon blini.
- Sprinkle lemon zest on top of each blini, then place a sprig of chive for garnish. Serve these beautiful bites on your favorite serving platter.