Hello, food lovers! Thanksgiving is around the corner, and we have a recipe that will elevate your holiday table to a whole new level of deliciousness. Get ready to savor the cozy, aromatic goodness of our Garlic and Rosemary Infused Mashed Potatoes.
Imagine fluffy, creamy russet potatoes whipped to perfection, infused with the robust flavors of roasted garlic and the earthy aroma of fresh rosemary. It’s comfort food at its finest, and it’s the star of our Thanksgiving celebration.
To whip up this culinary delight, you’ll need just a handful of simple ingredients: russet potatoes, heavy cream, garlic cloves, a sprig of fragrant rosemary, and a touch of unsalted butter. These elements come together to create a side dish that’s pure magic on your taste buds.
First, we roast the garlic until it’s golden and fragrant, imparting a deep, nutty flavor. Then, we infuse the potatoes with the rich, earthy notes of fresh rosemary, giving them an aromatic twist that will have your kitchen smelling like a cozy haven.
Cream and butter are the secret ingredients that transform these mashed potatoes into a velvety, indulgent delight. The result is a side dish that’s so creamy, so flavorful, you won’t be able to resist going back for seconds.
Whether you’re hosting a grand Thanksgiving feast or sharing an intimate dinner with loved ones, these Garlic and Rosemary Infused Mashed Potatoes are a must-have. They embody the essence of the holiday season and are the perfect complement to your turkey, gravy, and all the fixings.
This Thanksgiving, let’s give thanks for the simple pleasures of food that bring us together. Dive into our Garlic and Rosemary Infused Mashed Potatoes and create lasting memories around the table. Your taste buds will thank you!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment or share it with someone you know.
For more recipes like these try some of our other recipes:
- Creamy Italian Potatoes
- Sea Bass with Salsa Verde and Root Vegetable Puree
- Sesame Crusted Salmon with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
To follow Nikki regularly and stay up to date on what she’s doing, follow her on the gram!
- russet potatoes
- heavy cream
- fresh rosemary
- unsalted butter
- ground black pepper
Garlic and Rosemary Infused Mashed Potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the peeled and chopped russet potatoes in a large pot. Cover with cold water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
Infuse the Cream:
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the heavy cream, garlic cloves, and rosemary in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until warm but not boiling. Let the cream infuse for about 10-15 minutes, then remove from heat. Remove and discard the garlic and rosemary.
Mash the Potatoes:
- Drain the potatoes well and return them to the pot. Use a potato masher or ricer to mash the potatoes until smooth.
Add Butter and Cream:
- Add the butter to the mashed potatoes and mix until the butter is melted and incorporated. Gradually add the infused cream, stirring continuously, until the potatoes reach your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to a serving dish. They can be garnished with a sprig of rosemary or a little extra butter on top for added flavor and presentation.