Sundays for many people, are they days to relax to get back on your feet for the next week. I spend my Sundays watching football, hanging around the house, and eating yummy foods that induce maximum comfort. I decided that no better food pairs with the game like Chicken Wings… So why not make them from scratch? It might sound like a challenge for your lazy Sunday, but I promise that it pays off with the first bite!
To start off, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While that is heating up grab your 32 Oz bag of raw organic chicken wings, this recipe could also work with boneless chicken wings or chickens breasts. Using paper towels, pat dry each piece of chicken to remove their moisture. This will help the evenness of the seasonings. Use 1/2 cup of baking powder, 1 tbsp. of sea salt, 1/8 tsp. black pepper, and 2 tsp. garlic salt. Rub this evenly into the chicken, when each wing looks coated, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once your oven is preheated, the wings will go into the oven for 45 minutes.
homemade Buffalo Sauce
While the wings are in the oven, we can start on the homemade sauce. In a small pot over medium heat add in 1 stick of butter. Melt this thoroughly, and when it is melted add 3 cloves of minced garlic. Sauté the garlic in the butter for 2 minutes, until it is fragrant. Then add in 1/2 cup of hot sauce, 1 tbsp. liquid seasoning, 1 tsp. vinegar, and 1 tsp. of honey. Bring to a simmer and make sure to mix all of the ingredients together. You can add salt as needed.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
For the ranch dressing, mix 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 3 tbsp. avocado mayo, and 1 tbsp. of liquid seasoning. Next you’ll add 2 tbsp. garlic salt and 1 tbsp. of dried parsley in a small bowl. Stir in the remaining 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and taste. Add additional garlic salt or sea salt as needed for flavor.
Once the 45 minutes is up, remove the chicken from the oven and let them cool. When they are cool enough to touch, dip each wing into the buffalo sauce, making sure to coat them evenly. Serve the wings with your perfect homemade ranch and enjoy your Sunday Funday!
Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 32 oz organic chicken wings
- 1/2 cup baking powder
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cloves garlic-minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp liquid seasoning I like Braggs liquid seasoning
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- salt as needed for seasoning
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp avocado mayo
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add chicken wings to a large bowl. Using paper towels, pat the chicken down to remove any moisture. This will ensure the baking powder and seasonings are coated evenly.
- Add baking powder, salt, pepper and garlic salt to the bowl. Toss the chicken wings to coat evenly.
- Place chicken wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the wings in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, make the hot sauce and ranch dressing. Start by adding butter to a small pot over medium heat. When butter is melted add garlic and saute for a 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add hot sauce, 1 tbsp liquid seasoning, 1 tsp vinegar, and honey. Bring to a simmer and make sure to mix all of the ingredients together. Taste, add salt as needed for flavor. Set aside.
- For the ranch dressing, mix greek yogurt, mayo, remaining liquid seasoning, garlic salt, and parsley in a small bowl. Stir in the remaining tsp of vinegar and taste. Add additional garlic salt or sea salt as needed for flavor.
- When chicken is done baking remove from the oven and let cool. When chicken is warm, but not hot, dip each wing in the buffalo sauce making sure to coat all sides evenly. Place the wings on a serving plate. Serve the dish with homemade ranch. Enjoy!