I have the biggest sweet tooth and I am always looking for a treat in the afternoons. For those of you who follow me regularly on Instagram and on my blog, you know that I typically try to eat clean and healthy. So this sweet tooth tends to be a challenge for me when I want to eat something sweet. With the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe I have taken the traditional recipe and modified it just a little bit with better and cleaner ingredients.
Organic chocolate chips. gluten free flour, coconut sugar, free range eggs, and organic bananas are all combined to create a moist and tasty bread.
My idea for this bread came when I had bananas that were about to go bad and I didnt want them to go to waste. The best thing to make is banana bread when you want to use bananas that are very ripe. I personally don’t love just plain banana bread, so I decided to add chocolate chips to hopefully curb my sweet tooth. To make this bread a little cleaner than the traditional recipe, I used coconut sugar instead of cane sugar. This adds some good flavor and gives the bread some sweetness without making it too sweet. All of the ingredients that i use are organic or non-gmo. This is not required for this recipe, but I choose to use organic because it’s cleaner than other ingredients.
To make best chocolate chip banana bread recipe:
Start by mixing the dry ingredients separately from the wet ingredients. Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in one bowl. Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a second bowl. Mash in the bananas into the wet ingredient bowl and then slowly start pouring your dry ingredients into the egg mixture, stirring until smooth. Add in chocolate chips.
Pour the ingredients into a loaf pan and bake at 375 degrees for 25-35 minutes. To check to see if the bread is done, stick a toothpick in the center of the bread. If the toothpick comes out clean then the bread is ready. Remove from the oven and serve while warm.
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of butter- melted
- 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 bananas that are very soft
- 1 tsp salt
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl mix together butter and sugar. Slowly pour the butter into the sugar mixture and continue mixing. Add in eggs and vanilla. Mix everything together until smooth. Last, mash the banana into the egg mixture.
- Slowly pour in the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Mix everything together until all of the flour is combined with the wet ingredients. Add in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Use avocado spray to grease the inside of a loaf pan. Pour the bread batter into the loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Place in the oven for 25-35 minutes. To check to see if bread is fully cooked, place a toothpick in the center of the bread. If the toothpick comes out clean the bread is done.
- When bread is done baking, remove from the oven and let cool. Serve while still warm. Enjoy!