Salmon Bruschetta is a fun and simple appetizer perfect for any gathering. This dish is great because it can be served as an appetizer or for This is more of a modern take on the traditional bagels and lox.
- gluten free bread or ciabatta bread sliced
- 1 package smoked salmon
- 2 Persian cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1 container of Creme Fraiche
- 3 radishes cut in half and sliced
- 1/2 lemon very thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic cut in half
- dill and chives chopped for garnish
- salmon roe for garnish
- Preheat your broiler. Place your toast on a cookie sheet and place under the broiler until lightly toasted, this should take just a few minutes. Be sure to watch your toast to make sure it doesn’t burn. When slightly brown remove toast and set aside. Take each piece of toast and rub with garlic half. Cut the toast in half diagonally to create triangles. Place on a plate until ready to use.
- Spread about 1 tbsp of Creme Fraiche on each piece of bread.
- Next, place a few slices of Smoked Salmon on each triangle toast. Top with your cucumber and radish slices, add thinly sliced lemon on top. Garnish with a tiny little dollop of salmon roe, then sprinkle a few pieces of dill and chives on top.
- Place toasts on a pretty serving platter and serve. Fun, easy and very delicious!
A fun snack to serve for breakfast or as appetizer for any gathering. I grew up eating bagels and lox a kid. This is a modern take on that traditional recipe. The lemon is sliced very thin so it’s easy to eat. The lemon adds a tangy zest to the buttery salmon. Topped with salmon roe, which adds a nice natural salt.